Powell Butte Christian Church exists to
Know, love, and serve God by helping people to CONNECT to Jesus Christ and God’s family, encouraging them to GROW to become more like Christ, equipping them to SERVE in ministry, and facilitating the body of Christ to GO both locally and globally in the expansion of God’s Kingdom.
A MESSAGE FROM PASTOR TREY
With the state of the environment and all this smoke, our leadership has felt it unwise for us to be meeting out-of-doors this Sunday. Therefore, in order to accommodate the number of people who are choosing to come to that service, we will be bringing that service indoors to the worship center this weekend.
But in order to accommodate the first service and the sanitation that must happen between services, this week and this week only our 9:30 service will be pushed to 10 am. (Reservations are Required)
Of course, we will have to comply with the indoor meeting guidelines given to us by the governor. So we will continue social distancing, and masks and contact tracing will be enforced. I realize that by bringing things indoors, some will choose to stay at home and watch online. For that reason, we will make sure that this service will be live streamed (for just this week) just as our 8:30 service will be.
Please keep praying for those whose lives are being affected by these fires. The leadership is also working on some sort of aid that our church can give to those who are affected by the fires in our state. We will pass that information along once that decision has been made.
I pray for you all daily. Remember that even though it seems like this world is going crazy, God is still on the throne. There's a great song that says the Lord of the gentle breeze is Lord of the rough-and-tumble and he is the king of the jungle! "Control" for mankind is merely an illusion - something I am reminded of on a weekly basis; and it's good to be reminded that God is really the only One who has everything under complete control.
Please stay healthy and keep out of the smoke as best you can!
God bless you all,
Powell Butte Christian Church
Trey Hinkle - Lead Pastor
Scott Knutz – Board Chairman
Troy York – Chairman of the Elders
You may wonder why any church would ever require reservations for people to come to church. It certainly doesn’t serve the cause of Christ to turn people away at the door of a church because a lack of “reservations.” And we agree - which is why we have chosen to comply with the state’s guidelines for opening of churches during Phase 2 in this regard. We don’t want to re-open in a way that compromises Phase 2 in Crook County. That’s not a great witness to the love and faith of a Christian community.
Based on our square footage of the Worship Center, we know how many people can legally and safely attend each of our services. By utilizing a reservation system, we can know ahead of time if and when we are approaching the maximum limit for each service, and consequently we will be able to connect with certain people who plan to attend to see if they would be willing to - for that particular week - give up their seat so that others (perhaps visitors who do not know about the reservation need) can participate in the service.
If we all work together, staying flexible as conveniently as we can, we can make sure PBCC never has to turn anyone away for joining us for worship on any given Sunday.
We thank you for your gracious understanding and partnership during this unprecedented time for our community and our church. God is still in control and we will continue to worship Him and look to Him for guidance.
Powell Butte Christian Church
Select the Reservation button (picture). This button will take you to a web site called "Event Brite". At this site you will be able to select the date(s) you would like and the number of sets you would like for your family.
Reservation not needed for the outside 9:30 service.
Because of the smoke in the area this service has been changed to 10 am, moved inside, and you will need to make a reservation for the service (Extended to Sept 20 2020)!
FOR THOSE PLANNING TO ATTEND THE 9:30 SERVICE...
1) As of this email, reservations will not be required for the 9:30 service (you will still have to make a reservation for the 8:30 and 11:30 services in order to prevent overcrowding inside).
2) You may bring your own lawn chairs if you would like. However, on the southwest side of the chain-linked playground area, we have placed a rack of metal folding chairs that will be available for people to grab and place on the west lawn (socially-distanced, of course), and then return to the rack after service has concluded.
3) Communion emblems will be available at a table as you arrive at the west lawn area. We will be utilizing the pre-made package of juice and wafer combination. There are two peel-off seals - the first allows you to get to the white wafer, and under the wafer is a second peel-off to get to the juice. If you find you are having a difficult time of it, please ask someone to help and we will gladly show you how it's done.
4) This service would be a GREAT time for families to come together to worship. By being outdoors, all the little noises that younger ones may make will not be distracting. The music will be loud and exciting, and I'll be on a microphone during the sermon, so there should be no worries about "wriggley" youngsters.
5) There will most likely be a need for people to serve on a set-up and a tear-down team for the instrumentation and amplification system we are using. If you could help in either way, please let me know and I will direct you to the person in charge of all that. Remember that we have no manned nursery available for our Sunday services right now, unfortunately. The PBCC Board has determined, with advice from our Nursery coordinator, that there is too much liability right now with the strict guidelines for sanitation of child care facilities.
1) We are now offering KINGDOM KIDS (K-5th grade) during the 9:30 service.
Jenny Hinkle, our Children's Ministry Director, has set up an outdoor learning area so that they can maintain safe social distancing, according to the guidelines set up by the CDC.
2) Ten Days of Prayer.
Web Site: https://thereturn.org/
3) Also still strongly encourage you to get together with others to have Sunday morning "watch parties" in smaller groups.
4) LATEST NEWS from the Leadership of PBCC is this: Our 9:30 Outdoor “Worship on the Green” Service is much more popular than any of us would have imagined. Praise Jesus! I am very grateful for all those who have made this possible – from the band, to the worship leader, to those who have made the stage and got power out to the stage for us. Thank you to the greeters, the set-up crew, the tear-down crew --- EVERYONE who has had a hand in helping. Thank you! Thank you!
5) NEW SCHEDULE!!!
The Board voted this past Monday evening to arrange our services in a slightly different manner Beginning SUNDAY, AUGUST 2. PLEASE TAKE SPECIAL NOTE!!!
As of Sunday, August 2, we will be combining the 10:30 service with the 9:30 service outdoors (Sept 20th will be 10 am in side the Worship Center and must have a reservation). This will continue for the near future, as long as the weather holds up for us. It’s so great to be able to meet together in the beauty of nature outdoors, and socially distanced, with no masks. We will have Gabe and Jeremy taking turns leading our worship out there, so it will be comfortable for all who attend.
WE WILL STILL HAVE OUR 8:30 SERVICE both IN PERSON (with masks, of course) and STREAMING ONLINE. The new schedule will NOT affect the 8:30 service at all.
WE WILL STILL HAVE OUR 11:30 SERVICE in the HISTORIC CHAPEL (again, with masks). The new schedule will NOT affect the 11:30 service at all.
The only thing to remember is, if you are going to be a part of the 9:30 service, know that by being outdoors, you may want to consider bringing shade of some sort: an umbrella, a pop-up, etc. We aren’t
6) One last thing regarding Sunday Services. For those who are interested in learning more about Creationism, please note that at 9:30 in the Fellowship Hall, D.C. Lundy will be teaching through Answers in Genesis. D.C. has made an extensive study in the book of Genesis, including the days of Creation, and has a passion for teaching the Biblical concepts and worldview that is foundational to our trust in God's Word as inspired by the Holy Spirit and without error in its original form. This would be a great opportunity for those who would like to learn how to better defend the faith. Social distancing will be necessary, so space will be limited. Come ready to be amazed and informed!
7) Unfortunately, with the CoVid-19 pandemic still looming out there, the Leadership of PBCC has made the necessary decision to cancel the 2020 Lord’s Acre. (For more information see https://powellbuttechurch.com/lords-acre )
Check in on Sundays at 8:30am for live streaming of our service. If there are problems, please do not hesitate to contact us.
CLICK BELOW FOR A LINK TO OUR YOUTUBE PAGE FOR THE LIVE STREAM
Join us for one of our weekend celebration services (Please make a reservation):
"Blended" Worship Style
8:30am - Worship Center (& Live Stream)
Modern Worship Style
9:30 Service at the new stage on the west lawn and bring your own chair to enjoy the service
The WELL (a post-modern worship experience)
5:30pm - TBD
13720 SW Highway 126, Powell Butte, OR 97753
Our office hours are Monday - Thursday
from 9am - 4pm.
We are closed Friday and Saturday